3/6/18 “Episode 17: Social Transformation Through ‘The Commons’ (w/ David Bollier)”.
2/27/18 https://youtu.be/XakIRGhrOlY 28 min video about employee owned businesses. The two interviewees – Maria Cadenas and Ross Newport will present at the March 8 MAH event 7–9 p.m.
New posting 2/26/18 http://www.instituteforecomunicipalities.org/eco-municipalities.html
Systemic Problems Require Systemic Solutions by Pam Stearns
The following is a useful list of people and material offering ideas that if implemented, starting now, can lead to eventual genuine transformative change here and elsewhere.
- Arizmendi Bakery
- Denise Fairchild
- Gus Speth: Next System podcast #7
- Gar Alperovitz: many online video lectures and transcripts
- Silvia Federici : particularly her ideas on The Commons
- Richard Wolff: Weekly video program and assorted online lectures and transcripts
- Cornel West: particularly Cornel and Richard Wolff interviewed by Laura Flanders R. Wolff and C. West
- Winona LaDuke: assorted online
- David Harvey: Marx scholar. In 2013 Ecuador asked him to help set up their Nat’l Strategic Ctr for the Right to Territory which he currently co-directs.
- Mark Bray: Antifascist/antiracist scholar
- Robin Wall Kimmerer: Moss biologist, professor of environmental and forest sciences, and Citizen Potawatomi. Author _Braiding Sweetgrass_.
- Black Lives Matter Policy Platform
- Murray Bookchin, probably best know as an anarchist, but a few years prior to his death in 2006 called himself a communalist. Look up Rojava, Syria where the Kurds are practicing Bookchin’s democratic prescriptions in their every civic action.