- TAKE ACTION – Tips for ordinary People and business owners
Join a local group
- SCCAN – firstname.lastname@example.org, CCL – Lynda Marin – email@example.com
- Talk to City Council / Supervisors , Contact state & national reps
- Demand EMERGENCY ACTION NOW – see page
- Join Support GREEN NEW DEAL And Climate Safe California
- Join Youth for Climate Justice
2. At WORK, SCHOOL, HOME
- Reduce FOOD WASTE and packaging waste.
- Be observant and reduce/report wastage of food, energy, materials or, excess plastic use
- Whenever possible use a bus, bike, e-bike or carpool or TELECOMMUTE
- Used 3 year old electric cars are a great deal – low price, low maintenance, very low emissions
- REDUCE FLYING – use Zoom or similar for 2/3 meetings whether business or family.
- Take vacations by bus/train or closer to home
4. HOME OR BUSINESS ENERGY
- Sign up for COMMUNITY POWER – clean locally run – for Monterey Bay area Central Coast Community Energy
- Support local resilient micro-grids
- Adjust thermostat to 68F winter, (A/C 75F summer) Close doors/windows if using energy
- Use LED lights – Switch OFF things not used
- Install Efficient Electric appliances (not Gas) – new gas hook-ups now banned in Santa Cruz and many cities
5. Adjust your DIET
- eat LOCAL, mostly organics, eat MORE fruit and veg
- LESS MEAT (espec. Beef and pork) details and links here
- REUSE when possible. Buy LESS new stuff
- Look for RECYCLABLE packaging, COMPOST organics at home
7. VOTE for those who will make CHANGES!
8. Learn & Talk – there’s HOPE
- Check DRAWDOWN drawdown.org and our several drawdown pages
- Learn and share worldwide solutions – see recent IPCC page
- TALK and LISTEN and share feelings – talk to parents, friends, neighbors etc.
9. Support Climate Smart Ag aka Regenerative Ag and other ways to take CO2 out of the air