Meetings Sundays at 11am at the Tabby Cat Cafe
Connect with us on social media:
Bus Pass Program
The group has a strong plan to get a state wide free bus pass program implemented in 2022
Here’s the fact sheet for AB1350 Gonzalez – expecting the new bill to be similar
Zoom meeting for potential supporters Suns Aug 22, 11am link
Sep 24 Strike/Bank Protest
Please join us at any stage of this event
May 2 – Meet up planned
May 2, Sunday , 2pm, Laurel Park – behind Louden Nelson
Bring your own water bottle and a blanket to sit on. We’ll bring coffee and treats.
Youth for Climate Justice New Members Meeting RSVP
Current actions include:
- Working with legislators to get free bus passes for youth
- Working with City schools administration for a carbon free school plan
Raising a Banner of Global Concern
Youth for Climate Justice responded to a call for action from Fridays for theFuture by dropping six banners at various locations around downtown Santa Cruz. The largest was attached to the River St sign and was on the front page of the Santa cruz Sentinel Dec 11, 2020 – above under the headline:
All six signs are show below
The good news is, we can still fight climate change.
Our generation has to fight because we don’t want a future where, “ we have to decide which mask to wear for which disaster, but that is the world we are making”. Here is what you can do to help.
- Join a climate activism group
- Write to your representatives, and get involved with local climate related issues
- Work to elect officials who will work for climate change. Register to vote, educate the adults in your life.
- Educate yourself so you can educate others. Reshare information and raise your voice
- Bike, walk or use public transportation (if you have to, carpool)
- Boycott fast fashion and shop local
- Eat smart, stop eating beef; beef is the biggest agricultural contributor to climate change
- Convince your parents to get solar (Grid Alternatives has low-income solar programs, & more.)
- Waste less stuff – especially food – composting is good but just using what you buy is better.
Webpage by a local youth concerned about Climate Change
Youth for Climate Justice streamed 2 live EARTH DAY events Apr 2020
1. 1:30pm Mostly young people including videos, music and poetry Facebook video
2. 7pm included young people and other community supporters Facebook video
Santa Cruz Youth Climate Event March 15, 2019
Excellent event with great speakers organization and turnout!
This event is in response to the United Nations October 2018 climate warning which asserts that we must make dramatic societal changes within the next 12 years to prevent ever worsening climate catastrophes from becoming unstoppable. Inspired by Greta Thunberg and the Zero Movement, tens of thousands of children around the world have been striking in defense of their future every Friday afternoon. Over 100,000 children took to the streets last week, in England alone.